the government is all set to review the telecommunication licensing framework aimed at improving and optimizing the licensing regime to cater for rising technological and market traits, it is realized.
With new licensing framework new products and services/offerings will be integrated list of items which can be required to function in Pakistan simplest after acquiring a license.
These new products and services, in order to be regulated, may include:
- OTT services (Whatsapp, Skype, fb and so forth.)
- satellite services
- Public WiFi networks
- personal telecommunication networks, reminiscent of novice radio
- and so on
not to be mentioned, not all licenses may come at a cost, but could require the operators/provider providers to provide PTA/legislation enforcement agencies certain get entry to/monitoring get entry to to be sure that their usage is in-line with national security and other nationwide interests.
Separate class in class licenses regime associated with satellite products and services will be presented, whereas it is anticipated — as it was set talked about in the Telecom coverage 2016 — this assessment will happen by way of 31st December 2016, reputable sources revealed to ProPakistani.
Pakistan Telecommunication Authority (PTA) is planning to interact the products and services of internationally reputed marketing consultant (s) and consulting agency (s) for the review of telecommunication licensing framework in Pakistan.
Sources revealed that PTA is planning to have interaction the products and services of internationally reputed consultant (s) consulting firm (s) for the review of telecommunication licensing framework in Pakistan .
The marketing consultant (s) consulting agency would be required to habits the analysis/evaluation of current licensing framework, session with stakeholders and recommend PTA on growing future telecommunication licensing framework consider world perfect practices and its mapping for the Pakistani telecommunication business.
in keeping with officers the marketing consultant (s) consulting agency (s) can be asked to publish proposals for consultancy marked as “overview of telecommunication licensing framework” full in all respects as per the parameters laid down within the Request for notion (RFP) quickly.
In developing the brand new licensing regime, following parts would be taken under consideration:
- section 20 of the Telecom Act, and specifically, which over-the-prime products and services must be licensed under a “normal authorization” through which a carrier supplier is deemed to hold a license through advantage of the services and products that it offers and is then topic to the phrases of that basic authorization, which may embody nationwide safety necessities
- whether or not there must be a separation of spectrum and operations licensing
- the requirements for licensing of satellite tv for pc products and services targeted in other places in Telecom policy 2015
- the requirements for licensing public Wi-Fi metropolitan house networks
- The requirement for spectrum associated licensing for
- The extent to which telecommunications and content services require licensing
- whether distinctions will have to be maintained between different license types, and if no longer, the implications of getting rid of such distinctions including the rights and obligations of existing licensees that would want to be transitioned
- the tactic of licensing of these companies that grasp a broadcasting license to offer telecommunications products and services to make sure identical treatment of other infrastructure suppliers
- The licensing of telecommunications licensees for the provision of broadcast media and/or distribution carrier, together with the necessity of doing so given the evolving nature of tv.