70 % of Pakistan isn’t privy to ATMs: learn about


only 30 % of Pakistanis claim to have heard the word “ATM” and have in mind its which means, leaving 70 % of Pakistani inhabitants absolutely unfamiliar with the term, let by myself the use of it.

This used to be found during a survey that Gallup Pakistan and HORUS construction finance collectively conducted only in the near past. Gallup Pakistan says that it interviewed over 10,000 households across Pakistan for the survey.

the primary aim of the find out about was once to decide the extent of economic products and services being used by Pakistanis as well as to provide insights into the boundaries faced by using the Pakistani public in gaining access to formal financial services.

A nationally consultant pattern of women and men from throughout the 4 provinces have been requested, “Please tell me if you have heard the next word: ATM.”

in line with query: “Please tell me you probably have heard the following word: ATM?”

In response, 33 p.c respondents mentioned that they never heard the phrase ATM while every other 37 percent of respondents had heard the word “ATM” however didn’t recognize its objective or meaning. handiest 30 p.c of respondents had heard the word ATM and knew its purpose and meaning.

The 30 percent determine, which presentations an increasing public awareness level about ATMs in a length of past 5 years, happened on account of the deployment and elevated utility of ATMs because of introduction of BISP playing cards and uptake of branchless banking primarily in rural areas.

it is a a sad state of affairs no longer just for govt and authorities but in addition for banking business in addition to for telecom trade that offers branchless banking solutions through more than a few channels including ATMs.

according to State bank of Pakistan facts, there are more than 27,000 ATMs throughout the united states of america which can be used to banking buyers to withdraw virtually Rs. 250 billion each month

Rural and urban Breakdown

A rural/city breakdown reveals that forty seven% of the respondents in city areas and 21% in rural areas have heard and bear in mind the meaning of the word ‘ATM’. ‘

With a substantial distinction of 26%, this presentations that there is a rather larger awareness of ATMs in city areas versus rural areas.

This distinction can be considered as a manifestation of the really extensive disparity within the socio-economic building between the urban and rural areas of Pakistan.

34% within the urban areas mentioned that they have got heard the phrase however do not be mindful its that means while the same solution was once given by means of 39% of the respondents in rural areas. alternatively, best 19% respondents in city areas had never heard of ATMs as opposed to 40% rural respondents.

an awesome majority of residents in Baluchistan (60%) have never heard of the phrase ATM whereas 54% respondents in KPK are privy to the phrase however don’t be aware its that means

Provincial Breakdown

in step with the provincial breakdown, monetary literacy concerning ATMs in Pakistan is most often low. 30% of the respondents in Punjab, forty% in Sindh, 18% in KPK and 14% in Baluchistan stated that they have heard of the word ‘ATM’ and keep in mind its meaning.

however, 31% of the respondents in Punjab, 34% in Sindh, 27% in KPK and 60% in Baluchistan have by no means heard of the phrase ATM. meanwhile, 39% respondents in Punjab, 26% in Sindh, 54% in KPK and 26% in Baluchistan have heard of ATMs but usually are not unaware of the meaning and goal of an ATM.

These outcomes are a part of the nationwide access to Finance study carried out via the State financial institution of Pakistan in 2015 with the intent of figuring out the stage of economic inclusiveness of the Pakistani public.


70 % of Pakistan isn’t privy to ATMs: learn about

log in

reset password

Back to
log in